Friday 7 March 2014

House

It's been a week and it seems like I've done nothing.

Apart from passing the practical driving test. I can legally try to kill pedestrians now! Way to go.






I've made beams for the house with mysterious Slavic drawings carved in.

The entire thing had to be resized multiple times as I want it to be cozy and small.










 I began to make small assets. At some point I reminded myself of Baba Yaga, a witch in Slavic folklore. Her house was standing on chicken legs. Since my house is already buried deep in the ground I figured that perhaps I can make a simple table supported by chicken legs. I quite like the idea. It's quirky.

There are shelves with books and a wooden box with arrows (Bełty in old Polish).


Next thing on my asset list is a dressmaker's mannequin (I finally learnt how to spell mannequin). I wanted to have a cloak on it, that would refer to Red Riding Hood.


I used an old human body base mesh and changed it into a mannequin form.

A cloak is a simple circle shape with Cloth modifier applied.














I got a little stuck with the hood. The best option was be use a sphere and cut holes in it, one for the head and one for the neck.


































This is how it looks in engine. I finished it with a pretty floral pattern, added ambient occlusion and I think I'll leave it for now. I need to add detail map later on.





























*   *   *

I thought it would be a good idea to post a list of assets I'm planning to build for this house. 


This is what I originally had in mind and the list keeps expanding.


No comments:

Post a Comment