Wednesday 2 April 2014

Things

I wonder how long can I work until my body breaks.



Alright.

I've been working on additional vegetation. My level is full of trees and grass but there's nothing in between. Some weeds, bushes, flowers or mushrooms would be fantastic. Therefore I chose to make berries, red cloves, daisies and general unspecified weeds. These are quite common for the Eastern Europe area. I remember trying to eat them when I was a kid.


Now that I look at them, they all seem awfully bright and saturated in comparison to the rest of the vegetation.

There isn't really many daisies in the forest but putting a few won't hurt and they will break the green monotony.

I also just noticed the berries are cut short. I was wondering why they looked so weird. Another annoying thing to fix.






I actually took the trouble of editing normals this time. Obviously there's a huge difference in 3Ds Max but I can't seem to have the same effect in engine.









Setting up vegetation for touch and detail bending suddenly became extremely easy.












There isn't really much movement in my level yet so I decided to spend a day working on pests and sounds. Because who would I be if I didn't fiddle unnecessarily.




I found out I have a bit of a phobia. It pains when I look at these two. I can't believe I actually managed to make this texture. It took a lot of staring and adjusting. Also my body felt itchy for few hours.













The flying pepper caster you see on the left is actually a firefly. I want to put a bunch of those in a jar and use it as a lamp.

At first I wanted to use boids in Cryengine but this wouldn't give me much control over them. I want them to fly within a specified area and boids use more random movements. I'm probably wrong and there's probably a really simple way of doing this but I'm too tired and short on time to look for solution. And research for Cryengine takes ages. Therefore I animated each of these little bugs in 3Ds Max and I made sure they stayed withing the jar. I'll import them tomorrow and hopefully it will be as easy as the tutorial says.



No comments:

Post a Comment